Friday, May 21, 2010

Zoya Mimi

           This post will be about Mimi, my other color from Zoya's Sparkle Collection. Before I get on with the other stuff, I just need to mention how much I love that each of Zoya's polishes have an actual name. And not a pun or some random phrase or word. They have people names...like each new color is a baby. Something about the whole thing just strikes me as really sweet and tender, and it can come in handy. While I was swatching, my sister came in and asked what I was doing.  I insisted that I was hanging with Mimi and Charla, which earned me some looks, because quite clearly, I was the only person in the room. She kept calling me crazy and I just kept on saying that Mimi and Charla were right here (they were), and that they don't appreciate being ignored.  It was fun.  But enough of my mad ramblings. 


Mimi is a saturated violet base with small pink and purple glitter. This picture is horrible, but it was the best one I had. That's because Mimi was being a betch (Mimi is such a betch name) and gave my camera a hard time.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

      Even though Mimi was a prima donna and getting decent pictures was hard, I'm a fan.  I love that it's a bold, robust shade of purple, instead of a lighter purple. Light purple is all well and good, but there's something about a purple that proudly proclaims its purpleness, if that makes sense.  I think Charla was sparklier and had more evident glitter, but Mimi is no slouch. She's much prettier than my pictures would lead anyone to believe. 
    Mimi's formula was also perfect. I needed four coats to get her to full opacity, but unlike Charla, Mimi did need all four coats. It wouldn't have been okay to leave it at three. However, Mimi is one of those polishes where the extra coat was worth the work, so I don't mind. Application was very easy...Mimi spread easily and smoothly and was quite manageable. Removal was easy too.

   I know that I only have two colors from the Sparkle Collection, but man, I love them! Few things make my heart sing the way that beautiful and trauma-free glitter polish does.