Monday, May 10, 2010

L.A. Girl Rock Star Collection (Part One?)

           Since I have no school and no life for the next week (it feels so gewd), I finally had time to sit down and swatch some polishes. I decided to do three of the four yet to be posted on this blog colors that I have from the L.A. Girl Rock Star Collection. 
   
Swatches after the jump!





First up is Heavy Metal. I took this picture a long time ago, which is why the nail is so short. Anyway, Heavy Metal is a black creme base full of silver shimmer. It looks just like coal.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
I'm a big fan of Heavy Metal. Hee hee. The shimmer is obvious, it's a great twist on the basic black mani, and it applied nicely. Pictures are with two coats of color, and one layer of topcoat.

~ ♥ ~

Next is Electric Guitar. Electric Guitar is a orangey-gold foil, with little bits of holo and silver glitter AND larger, opalescent, hex glitter. It's a unique polish to be sure.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.
I'm on the fence about Electric Guitar. Part of me thinks it's ooglay because of the base color, and part of me likes it because it's special and I don't have anything else like it. Application was easy, and pictures are with three coats of color and one layer of topcoat.

~ ♥ ~

Lastly, there's Double Platinum. Double Platinum is an orgy of glitter in a barely-there taupe base..square glitter, round glitter, microglitter, holo glitter, silver glitter...this is a certified disco party on the nails.  

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. I blurred it to show some sparkle.
I really like Double Platinum. It's interesting because the base is so demure,  but thanks to the sheer volume of glitter in here, the overall effect is loud and sparkly as heck. This is the kind of polish that people should avoid wearing around epileptic friends. The application was an ordeal though. This is six coats of polish and even with me swirling the brush instead of dipping it, dabbing the polish instead of swiping it, and keeping the coats thick, there's still not full coverage.  I'd definitely use this on top of a matching base or a sheer white, instead of using it alone. 

~ ♥ ~

    And that's all for today. So far, I like this collection, even with Electric Guitar's ugliness. I'd still like to order  Punk and Groupie, but I don't want to buy any new polish for now. Also, Cherry Culture isn't really having a sale on nail polish, and there're no Five Belows up north. ^_^;  But whenever I can get my hands on those two, I'll be posting them along with the other Rock Star polish in my possession, Party Animal.