Wednesday, May 12, 2010

OPI Fiercely Fiona

           Today, for the sake of continuity, I'm wearing OPI Fiercely Fiona, from the Shrek Forever After Collection. The pictures aren't too cute today, because it's rainy and cloudy outside, but I did my best. lol!


Fiercely Fiona is a bright but light yellow creme, with some green and brown thrown in. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Indoors, flash.
I don't think any of these pictures are exactly true to color. I think if there was sun, I'd have one that was.

     Okay, confession time: this is the very first yellow nail polish I have ever owned. I just hate yellow on me. I think it looks horrible. But I love Fiona, wanted to give yellow a chance, and I didn't have to pay retail price for it, so I went ahead and scooped it up. The shade of yellow is interesting, and I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it before. But that said, I don't think I like this on me. It pains me to say that, because I really wanted to like Fiercely Fiona and there's nothing wrong with the color, except for it being yellow. And I can't hate a yellow polish just because it's yellow. But deep down in the cockles of my heart, I can't bring myself to like this. :(
     Application wise, Fiercely Fiona wasn't anything horrible. The pictures are with 4 coats of polish and one layer of topcoat, even though the polish was opaque in two coats. I needed the extra 2 coats to smooth the polish out, because it was streaky. But it wasn't traumatic for me, despite the fact that in addition to the streaking, there was dragging. I just kept on globbing on the coats until the streaks were gone.