Friday, May 7, 2010

Nfu-Oh 52

           Sooo....I just had my last final, and my soul is singing and doing cartwheels. I'm not so sure I did well on it, but I have a healthy cushion in that class and I know I didn't fail, so I'm not concerned. It turned out that I had time last night to change my polish, so right now, I'm wearing Nfu-Oh 52. 



Nfu-Oh is a vibrant blue jelly base, packed with green flakes and microglitter. I put it over a base of Brucci Snow White, so that's why it looks so weird at the cuticle.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Shaded sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

      I don't think I like Nfu-Oh 52 by itself. When I wore it over Absolutely Alice, I was in love. But by itself, I'm not so wowed. That said, the components of this polish are really lovely. The micro-glitter and flakes are gorgeous, and combined with the color and depth of the base, it reminds me of mermaids. I just think it needs to be paired with something else to really give it some....chutzpah. 
    I didn't have any trouble applying Nfu-Oh 52. Like I said, I put it over one coat of Brucci Snow White, which helped make my life easier, because 52 is sheer as hell. The pictures are all with four coats and one layer of Poshe, and that was over the white. I shudder to think how long I would have been sitting there if I decided to forgo the white base. The dry time was a little iffy though. Along with Poshe, I used Essie drying drops and waited an hour before going to bed. Even though I can't see sheet marks because of the polish, I can feel them.