Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Orly Poison Apple

            After like a week of duochromes, shimmer, glitter, jelly, and all sorts of other flashy thangs, I felt like I needed to stop and cleanse my palate, so to speak. For that purpose, I broke out one of my recent acquisitions, Orly Poison Apple, from the Once Upon a Time Collection. 


Poison Apple is a tomato red creme. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       I actually got Poison Apple from a giveaway that was held at Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes. I also got some goodies for my feeties and some candy, which I promptly devoured.. But the bottom line is that I did not buy Poison Apple for myself, nor would I ever have in a million years. I don't like red cremes for myself, and when I see them in the store or online, I automatically ignore them. Which is why I'm really happy that this was a giveaway prize, because it would have never found its way to my door otherwise. And that would be sad indeed, because Poison Apple is quite lovely! Not only is it rich and creamy, but it also has some orange, some brown, and a touch of grey, which keeps it from being too plain. I probably won't wear it this summer, but it's the perfect color for fall. 
      Additionally, Poison Apple boasts a perfect formula. It was completely controllable and spread easily and smoothly. There was no streaking, dragging, or any other sort of tomfoolery. And Poison Apple is really well pigmented. The pictures are all with two coats of color and one layer of topcoat, but I think it would be possible to get the same result with one thick coat. It dried to a shiny finish, but I put on topcoat just because.