Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Funky Fingers Alice

           Before anything else, I'd like to thank all the lovely ladies who kindly informed that other people have gone and are going through similar things and are not dead, and therefore, everything would in all likelihood, be alright. I really appreciate all the kinds words and support, and it means alot to me that you guys would take out time from your respective days to try to help me. Thanks guys! ^_^ 
          
        Today is gloomy and dark, and it's raining rats and frogs outside, but I love it. Rainy and cold weather is the best weather for me, as long as I don't have to go outside too much. Although I intended to wear something grey today, at the last minute, I changed my mind and picked something more cheerful: Funky Fingers Alice. Alice is a part of the Funky Finger's Alice in Wonderland Collection. I didn't buy any of the others that I saw in Five Below, although I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Jester, which they didn't have last time I went.


Alice is a cerulean blue foil. Although it's not visible in the picture, the surface is speckled with silver. 
And I'm using my index finger because the foil pronounced every bump and ridge in my ooglay patch, and no one needed to see that. 

Natural light, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

Indoors, flash. 

        I really like Alice. I didn't really like the other FF Alice-themed colors, because they were a little plain and not so fitting of their characters, but Funky Fingers did a good job with this. The shade of blue is perfect. It's deeper than the shade OPI chose for Absolutely Alice, and due to the foily finish of the polish, it shows different darknesses across the nail. Really pretty. 
      I thought the formula was on the easy side too. It was a little thick, and I had to be careful to let the polish dry between coats, because if not, I got cuticle drag. But besides those two things, there were no problems, and drying time was reasonably fast.