Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OPI Who The Shrek Are You? Ahahahaha!!

          I would have totally bought this just for the name. I can just imagine someone being like, "Oh, what color is that on your nails?" And then I could turn around, look at them all wild-eyed, and shout, "WHO THE SHREK ARE YOU?" lmao!!


Who the Shrek Are You? is a bold, yellow-based green creme. My mother and sister called it puke. I call it Shrek. ^_^

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

     Who the Shrek Are You? is such a great color. There's mostly yellow in it, but then there's some brown and a hint of grey too. I love it! It's such a quirky shade of green that I can't help but smile when I look at my hands. It makes me think of all the hilarious moments in all the Shrek movies (if you've ever seen them, you know they're mad funny) and I just start laughing. 
   Application was easy too. The first coat was a little streaky, but the next two went on fine. I just made sure to make them on the thick side and to use very little pressure to spread the polish around. The brush was easy to control, and my nails dried in a reasonable amount of time. The only thing is that my pinky is full of bumps and stuff...I don't know why that happened.
  But anyway, my final verdict is that Who the Shrek Are You? is a winner. I'm still mad at OPI, but I must shake them grudgingly by the hand for this one. 

Later:
I decided to fauxnad over this polish. Not because it needed jazzing up, but more because I was kind of bored. Having no responsibilities is only fun for like one day. 



I forgot to circle it and now I'm too lazy to go back and do it, but I used rightmost pattern in the bottom row, on plate BM10.

I stamped it on with Color Club Where's the Soiree?
The pattern was a little tough to work with, so the overall look isn't exactly great, but it was nice enough to fool random passerby. I got lots of compliments on the look (not so much on the color, LOL!) and my sister even wanted to take a picture of it with her Blackberry.