Thursday, May 20, 2010

Zoya Charla

           Since today was sunny, and according to the news man, the sun won't last long, I decided to swatch my sparkly Zoyas this afternoon. I'll be posting them individually, because I went a little too far with the pictures to put them all in one post. So this post will be dedicated to the lovely Charla, from Zoya's Sparkle Collection!


Charla is an aqua, vaguely metallic base, packed with small iridescent blue glitter. The glitter also faintly flashes green at times, although the effect is much more pronounced in the bottle than on the nail. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 
Bottle Charla is so beautiful, but she exaggerates just a tad.

      I'm in all types of love with Miss Charla. It's such a fun and flattering polish, and I love the glitter. Although it was sparkly and eye-catching, it was still fine and delicate, reminding me of the scales on a beautiful fish. My beautiful fish, in fact. His name was Neptune, and even though he was a fighting fish, he was so good and friendly. He didn't jump out of his tank (like some fish do) and was never finicky. And he used to play with me. I had a penlight, and he used to chase it around when I shone it into his bowl. And on top of that, Neptune was freaking gorgeous. 
    If it was sunny outside and I was doing my homework on the dorm balcony, I'd take him with me. Although he was nice to look at indoors, the sun really made him a star. It would reflect off his scales and filter through his fins, and he would look so hot. I'm sad I don't have any pictures of him. He was a really nice fish and I miss him often. Charla looks like him, which probably has something to do with why I love her.  
   Charla also boasts a perfect formula. It applied so smoothly and easily, and was opaque in three coats. I could have gone for a fourth, but it was fine in three, so that's where I left it. It also dried nice and smooth, so topcoat was only needed to enhance the sparkle factor. And removing it was so easy. I just used some Cutex Acetone remover and it came right off. No elbow grease required. ^_^

P.S. Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Charla gave me a stain. I'm surprised, because it doesn't seem the type to stain, but it did. So I guess I recommend using a good base coat with it. The one I used (Borghese Hydrati Treatment) isn't really much of a base coat, but I like to use it when I swatch.