Friday, May 21, 2010

Zoya Ki

           Another sunny day, and another day of Zoya swatching. Today, I did Ki, from the Suede Collection. My pictures don't really capture her beauty, but hey...I tried. 


Bottle Ki. She really does look like a gasoline rainbow.

More pictures and whatnot after the jump!

Ki is a dark eggplant duochrome shimmer. She shows the eggplant mostly, but flashes silver, green, pink, and an itty bitty teensy bit of blue.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Shaded sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. This is Ki's silver face.

Sunlight, no flash. This is her green face.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. You can see a little bit of blue at the very top of the nails. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

     Okay, so word on the street is that the name "Ki" means energy, vigor, life force, radiance...that sort of thing. And with that in mind, I'd definitely say that Zoya aptly named this color, because it is truly lively. Ki shows so many colors, and is just so much more beautiful than I could ever convey. In words or pictures. lol, she actually reminds me of Stellare Notte, only purple and way way way way better. I love her!
    And true to form, Ki had a great formula. My brush was a little crazy...it had a few stray hairs, but I snipped them off with a nail clipper and the problem was solved. When the brush was fixed, Ki applied really smoothly and was easily controlled. Opacity also wasn't a problem, but I will say that I cheated. I used two coats of Seche Ridge Filler in a clearly unsuccessful attempt to cover up my patch. I hate that thing so much. If I wasn't so lazeh, I'd take it off. Anyway, the Seche covered up lots of VNL, so there was less to deal with from the jump. But for what it's worth, I used three coats of Ki in these pictures and one layer of topcoat.