Saturday, May 15, 2010

OPI Damone Roberts 1968

           Happy Saturday to everyone! Today is a lovely day in New York...the sun is shining and birds are singing. And my mom isn't making me do any chores today, so I'm in a great mood. To reflect my mellow mood, I decided to wear OPI Damone Roberts 1968, which made its way to my doorstep a few days ago. 


Damone Robert 1968 (DR'68 from here on out) is a great mint green creme. As Damone Roberts said, it has a little bit of brown and grey, which sets it apart from many other mint greens out there. 
Sorry for the crazy looking finger...I tried to patch a tear in my thumb, and it didn't come out so nicely. 

Sunlight, no flash. I think this picture is the truest to color.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

      I have to confess again....I have never owned any other mint green polish in my whole life. DR'68 is my first one! It's not that I dislike mint green, but I've just never wanted any. I did want Maybelline's Minty Minty, but I couldn't get it because they don't know how to play nicely with animals. Then, I heard that DR'68 was coming back out, saw the swatches, and had to have it. It's such a pretty color...creamy and cool, with a little more green than other mint polishes. And the dose of grey keeps it modern and chic. Plus, I like Damone Roberts...he's such an adorable and seemingly nice man, so I don't mind giving him moniez.
    The formula on DR'68 was pretty good. It was streaky on the first coat, and was opaque on the second. These pictures are with three coats, because I did have cuticle drag on a few nails that needed to be corrected. The brush was wide, but manageable, but the polish seemed a little thick, so it took a bit of effort to spread it.  But overall, application wasn't anything too traumatic.

    When I bought DR'68,  I wasn't too happy about paying full retail ($9 USD), plus shipping. But now that I have it on my nails, I'd say it was worth the money.  But no more! I have items from Zoya coming, and when they get here, I'm declaring a summer no buy. I'll probably stick to it too, because every time I get a package, and there's nail polish inside, my mother starts praying in her native language (Igbo). She doesn't do that unless she's really distressed, and I'd truly like to not give her a heart attack, so I have some real motivation there.  I guess I have until my Zoyas get here to track down SH HT. Ugh.