Wednesday, May 26, 2010

China Glaze Let's Groove

           Today, I had a strange craving for purple polish. I normally try to save my purples for special occasions, but for some reason, I just needed to have something purple on my nails today. So after a bit of deliberation, I decided on another relatively recent acquisition, Let's Groove from China Glaze's Retro Diva Collection.

Let's Groove is a red-leaning purple with tons of violet shimmer and bits of blue shimmer speckled throughout. This picture is a little washed out, but the shimmer and stuff is visible when the picture is enlarged.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. This one is truest to color.

Natural light, no flash.

       Let's Groove is such a hot color, and a perfect example of why I love China Glaze. The name sucks (they need to take a line from OPI's book), but the color itself is on point! It's a deep, rich purple that proudly proclaims its purpleness, and the shimmer makes it glow with a light all its own. Looking at my nails, I think of plush purple velvet. And not the kind of velvet that pimps use to make their suits. I mean the good stuff. Like the stuff that they use in The Tudors' wardrobe department.  
       The formula on Let's Groove was lovely too. To start with, it was very well pigmented. The pictures are with two coats of color and one layer of topcoat, but I honestly would have been fine with just one coat. I only used two out of force of habit. Additionally, applying Let's Groove was a breeze. It flowed off the brush right onto my nails with little to no effort on my part. Dry time was also good. I used Essie Good to Go (I really love that topcoat) and it was dry to the touch within ten minutes. 

Later:
I was just too bored, so I went back and matte-ified Let's Groove.


I used one coat of Essie Matte About You.  

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. Peep that shimmer.

      I liekz it.   ^_^