Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blog Award + Ooglay Fauxnad

            Man, I can't sleep. So I'm here to clog up the blogosphere with a post of random and nail-related things. First order of business is a blog award, because I actually won one (homophone shout out) thanks to Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes! I don't want to be all mushy, so I'm just going to say that I really appreciate this award, and that it means alot to me. I'm also really grateful to anyone who takes out time to read my nonsense, because there are like a bajillion blogs out there, so nobody has to pay attention to mine. So thanks, people! ^_^


Very pretty, no? 

     The rules for this award says that first, I have to tag ten other bloggers for the award. I wish the number was higher...even though I'm still new-ish to blogging, there are so many blogs that I've come to love and stalk. The ladies of the nail blogosphere truly amaze me with their creativity and great personalities! Here are my picks, in no particular order:

 (Not a nail blog, but I enjoy reading it)


Yeah, I picked eleven. Say something. u_u


The rest of the rules are as follows:


Make a post about the award including the picture and mention the person who gave it to you.

Put the award on your blog.

Let your nominated 10 know you've awarded them by leaving a comment. 



Second order of business is to post some fauxnading that I did over Scherer Calypso. I wanted to remove it, but my sister wanted to go to IHOP (and what a disaster that turned out to be), so I just stamped over it to kind of...refresh it. Again...what a disaster that turned out to be. lol!


I used the Bundle Monster plate BM20, and stamped on the pattern using Color Club Where's the Soiree? Then I put one coat of Finger Paints Floatin' on a Cloud, and sealed the whole thing with one thick coat of Out the Door Top Coat.

Natural light, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

   I think I would like this a whole lot better if I had just left off the glitter. I don't know what it is with me and glitter, but I just cannot leave it alone. If there's any possible way for me to use glitter, I will use it. Even when I'm about to take off a polish, I'll think to myself, "Maybe I should try some glitter." And then I'll put on the glitter, look at it for a while, and then remove the whole thing. Smh, I need help! The good news is that this mani did make me laugh all day. Whenever I looked at it, I'd think of RuPaul shouting "Extravagaaahhnzaahhh!!" and then start cracking up. Only Jesus knows why such an image would come to my mind, because my nails have nothing to do with RuPaul whatsoever. Just one example of why I worry about my brain circuitry sometimes.