Thursday, May 6, 2010

Milani I'm Online

           Today is a great day! The sun is shining, finals are thisclose to being over, and my nails are looking like something straight out of Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Yes, today is surely a glorious day. ^_^


I'm Online is a cool and pale rose-gold foil. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

     I stan for Milani, and I'm Online is a pretty good example of why. It just looks so damn good! Because the finish is disrupted by all the shimmer, it doesn't look like Minx, but it still gives that, "Why yes, I do sprout metal from my fingers" look. I tried to make the gap as small as possible to preserve the illusion, lol! And while I don't know how I feel about the color on me, I can't deny that the overall look of I'm Online is really futuristic and beautiful. 
    About the application, I'm on the fence about that. The good news is that I'm Online is very opaque, as most foils are. These pictures are all with two coats, and one layer of Poshe. I think I could have gotten away with one, but I just did two for security. However, I did have to apply it twice. The first time, it looked horrible and gross. Brushstrokes and baldspots galore. I scraped that off, cleaned up, and then reapplied, because I was not gonna give up on my beloved Milani. The second time, it went on just fine. Smooth and easy, not a brushstroke in sight. The only difference was that the second time, I went more slowly and put more polish on the brush. The formula of this did seem a little...thick too. I wanted to put some thinner in it. 
   But despite the fact that I'm Online apparently has multiple personality disorder, I still think it's a good effort on Milani's part. Like I said before, on me, I'm not 100% sold on it. But I can recognize a pretty polish when I see one. 


And completely unrelated to this color or Milani, has anyone else ordered Nubar 2010? I placed my order on Monday, and they still haven't shipped it. My last order was shipped on the next day, and it was much larger than  the one I placed on Monday, so I'm concerned. Anyone else who has ordered from them, has your bottle come?