Monday, April 19, 2010

Wet n Wild Caribbean Frost + Konad

           I'm not wearing this today, but I wanted to post a color that I wore recently, Wet n Wild Caribbean Frost, and the konad print that I did over it. So polish pics and review first, and then konad pics. And, I have to say that I manipulated these pictures..my camera was picking up the wrong color entirely, so I had to correct it to match what I saw on my nails.
Caribbean Frost is a metallic, sea green polish. It actually looks much like the waters in the Caribbean...clear and bright.

Natural light, no flash. 


Natural light, no flash. 

For comparison's sake, here's the unretouched version of the photo.

     Besides the fact that this polish does not get along well with my camera, I think it's fabulous. The color is beautiful and perfect for warm weather. And the formula is amazing. The pictures are all with only two coats of color, and there were no issues with dragging or brushstrokes. Dry time was quick, and overall, I can definitely put this into my category of nail polishes to put on when it's late and I need to quickly slap on a color and hit the sack. Not bad for 99 cents, man.
    
    After this was dry, I decided to Konad over it.

I used plate M57, and the circled pattern. 


Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

    I stamped the pattern with Sally Hansen White On, and then topped it with one coat of Nubar Opulent Pearl, for a little iridescence. The pattern is smudged, but that's my fault, not Opulent Pearl's. The flakes show up when the picture is enlarged. But anyway, this definitely confirmed my suspicions about Opulent Pearl...it definitely needs to be put over lighter colors. 
   And I need to complain about Konad real quick.
Wtf, man?! Why the patterns so small for?! My thumb so looks so jank right now because I had to double stamp on it, and my nails are not especially long or anything. I think they're normal. They need to make the plates with full nail patterns bigger, so they can make the patterns bigger and so people don't come out with jank looking manicures. Shooo. *sucks teef*  (end rant ^_^;)