Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earth Week Day 2: Orly Enchanted Forest

            Okay, no chit chat today...I'm a little pressed for time. So without further ado, behold...Enchanted Forest!!


Enchanted Forest is a deep, muted, blue-based green creme. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

    This is a really lovely color! I think that the name is slightly misleading, because when I look at this on my nails, I think more this:


than this:


I don't know why...I know that enchanted forests can be dark and deep, but I don't know...this color just makes me feel all evil inside. But it's a good feeling. ^_^
I will say that I did not like the formula on this...I think Orly polishes just hate my guts or something, because this was pretty streaky. It was fully opaque in two coats, but I had to use one more, and two more on certain fingers just to even up the streaks. But that said, everything was rich and creamy in the end and it didn't bubble,  so I guess all is forgiven.

After everything dried up, I decided to use some flower decals that I got from Five Below. 

Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Out of boredom, I matte-ified this with one coat of Essie Matte About You. It interestingly came out the EXACT color of one of those green chalkboards from middle and elementary school. Brought back some memories man.

Lastly, the tip for today is: Change your lightbulbs from incandescent to fluorescent! They use less energy without sacrificing light, which is a twofold blessing. Less energy use means less strain on the Earth as well as a nice drop in your electricity bill.  And it's very easy to make the switch, because fluorescent bulbs are sold everywhere, for as little as one dollar. Just remember to call your local recycling/garbage disposal place to see how to dispose of the incandescent bulbs safely. They contain lead, so you can't just chuck em in the trash.

And that's all for today!