Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Week Day 4: Brucci Black Emerald

           HAPPY EARTH DAY!! ^_______^   
           On this, the greatest of all April days, I'm unfortunately not wearing what I really wanted to wear, due to the fact that I'd only have to take it right off for tomorrow. Which would normally be fine, but I've been really anticipating this color, and I'd like to revel in it for a bit. But that's okay, I'll show it at the end of Earth Week. 
Anywho, I'm wearing Brucci Black Emerald, which isn't a very celebratory color, but it's pretty all the same. And there are lots of pictures today.....it's a celebration, you know. 


Black Emerald is a green to copper duochrome shimmer in a blackened green base. 

Bottle shot. Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.


Artificial light, flash.

Sunlight, no flash. Sorry for the jank index finger...during clean up, I was practically falling asleep.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 


Man, this color is complex and my pictures don't begin to cover it. Looking at my nails, I think of the floor of the rainforest. It's dark down there, and everything looks black, dark green and brown. But in some places, a shaft of sunlight will filter down and illuminate the undergrowth, making it bright green until the sun moves. This polish is so much like that. 
I feel like they should have named Black Emerald Envy instead. LOL, I know that every green polish in the world is named Envy, but honestly...what's one more? And the name would be perfect for this color. Black Emerald is actually the exact color that I visualize when I say envy...it's all dark n muddy...and somehow cancerous looking. Me gusta!


The formula was okay. A little streaky but opaque on the first two coats. By the third, it was smooth and even. Dry time was fine...I used Poshe and the Essie drying drops, and went to bed about 30 minutes later. There are no wrinkles or sheet marks today, so there you have it. When I bought this, I was looking at it funny, because I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I'm glad that I did. Brucci really outdid themselves on this one.


The tip for today is: Invest in a tote bag for your groceries!
Thanks to my semi-rant on Day 1, we all know the deal with plastic. They are Satan! And buying groceries is a great way to unleash Satan upon the Earth, doncha know. Think about it. If you buy a ton of groceries, and the clerk double bags them, you can end up with as many as 20 plastic bags going home with you. I know that most people save grocery bags to reuse them, but eventually, those bags do end up in a landfill or in the ocean somewhere. It's best for them to not even leave the store. Plus, there are some stores (CVS is one, and I think Whole Foods is another) that offer discounts and reward programs for using canvas bags instead of plastic ones.
And if you regularly buy large amounts of groceries, then just get a few tote bags and one of those folding metal carts to carry them in. Problem solved!


Have a great Earth Day!! (And don't forget to hug a tree!)