Saturday, April 17, 2010

NOTD: Nicole by OPI Party at 3AM! + Fauxnad



            Today, I'm wearing Nicole by OPI Party at 3AM! The exclamation point is their's, not mine. This is a pretty polish to be sure, but it's not thaaat pretty to where I'll be exclaiming over it every time I write its name. But it was lots of fun to photograph, so there are going to be tons of pictures.


Party at 3AM! follows the trend of the past two NOPI's  that I've shown on this blog. It's a black creme base, packed with shimmer. In this case, the shimmer is violet most of the time, but will occasionally show blue. 

Sunlight, no flash. We already know the deal with the bottle. There it is lurking in the corner.

I just need to post this bottle shot. Too bad it's not doing all this on the nail. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Artificial light, no flash.

Sunlight, and flash. The picture is washed out, but this was the only light that would let me capture the color change. 

Sunlight, no flash.

        Party at 3AM! is beautiful. Full stop. 
        Although it does that annoying thing where it just looks black indoors, when the light hits it right, the violet shimmer pops right out. Sometimes, it even makes me feel like the base color is really dark purple and not black. But no, it is black.Anyway, if I was going to be indoors for the most part of the time, I wouldn't wear this. It's paradoxical, because this is not a summer shade, but really, that's the only time that its beauty can really be appreciated.
         The formula was great. No dragging or streaking, not too thick or too runny....it went on like butta. This is three coats, with a healthy dose of Poshe on top. The topcoat is really necessary to get it looking its best, because without it, the sparkle isn't that cute. 
       

    Then, I made a design over it with my B14 fauxnad plate:

I used the pattern right below my middle finger, in between the doggy and four flowers.

I stamped the pattern at my cuticle with Sally Hansen White On, and then I covered the whole thing with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust. I need to learn to leave well enough alone though, because I think I liked it better sans Fairy Dust.