Thursday, April 8, 2010

NOTD: Milani 3D + Konad

    After I had a few hours with Milani 3D alone, I couldn't take it anymore. In the throes of dissatisfaction and boredom, I got my little envelope of Konad stuff. I need to find better storage for these thingies. But anyway, I got out my envelope, and started Konading it up. I decided to take advantage of the tawny gold and to create a cheetah-leopard-ish look. It's not cheetah because the spots have holes...and it's not leopard because the spots don't have brown in them. I'm very nitpicky about that...I hate when people call leopard print cheetah!! But I digress.

This is the plate (m57) and pattern that I used. 

I used Wet n Wild Black Creme to stamp this pattern on, and then used a thick layer of Poshe to seal the deal. Excuse the cotton strand. I didn't even realize it was there.

Natural light, no flash. 

Artificial light, with flash. I was trying to get some of the holoness to come out. :(

    Once I came to terms with the fact that this would never come out the way I wanted it to (black spots against a strong holographic gold) I decided to go ahead and matte-ify the whole thing. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. I used one coat of Essie Matte About You. 

Natural light, no flash.
      
    I'm glad I opted to go matte with this. I really love it so much more. And the matte-ness does something interesting to the little particles in the base polish. I think it shows more when the pictures are enlarged. Anyway, I had a good time with this! It was really easy to do this look, and although it isn't perfect and is super simple, I still like it and will wear it with pride. 
    See...if this was a lion mani, that would be best pun ever. Get it? Pride?! Ohohoho!! I'm putting that one in my back pocket to use in a lion-related situation. Because you never know when such a situation will arise. Lions are everywhere. And I'm rambling. And I have class soon. So I'm off!