Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nfu-Oh 40

           Okay, so I totally didn't go do anything really. I returned my key to the depot (I locked myself out yesterday) and I bought a box of donuts. I also picked up my Nfu-Ohs from the package depot and tore the box open before my door had fully closed behind me. I was just going to rub them a little and maybe give them un besito, but I ended up wearing one. Because I didn't want to take off Drama in the Dark, but I also did not want to compromise the color of the Nfu-Oh,  I wore Nfu-Oh 40. 


Nfu-Oh 40 is made up of opalescent flakes (that mostly flash blues and greens) in a clear base. The shimmer is from Drama in the Dark. Nfu-Oh 40 is utterly shimmerless. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight no flash. I wanted to show how the color changes. 

Sunlight, no flash. The spectrum of blues and greens here is what I see most of the time.

Natural light, no flash.

    And then because I wanted to put off doing the stuff I had to do, I went ahead and applied one coat of Essie Matte About You.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

       Wooh, I love this one. lol! The flakes are gorgeous, and they contrast beautifully with the black. I also love that the base is completely clear...no muddying of the base polish, which helps display the flakes in their best light. I don't know if it was quite worth the price tag, but it is nice, and a great addition to my little family. The polish went on super smoothly, and the flake payoff was great. All of these are three coats of Drama in the Dark, and one coat of Nfu-Oh 40. The shiny ones have a layer of Poshe, and the matte ones have a layer of Poshe as well as one layer of Essie Matte About You. 
     My only critique of this is that I wish that it flashed more colors. I was hoping for more of a rainbow effect,  but I do honestly like what it does. In some way, it reminds me of Earth. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my nails on Earth Day (April 22nd, everyone mark your calendars!!), so this one can get thrown into the hat as a possible part of that.