Friday, April 23, 2010

We Interrupt This Earth Week Already In Progress...

            ....to show the nude color that I wore today, courtesy of my teacher. The name of it is Naked Ambition, from Sally Hansen. 
.

Naked Ambition is a creamy pale peach color, with a crystalline secret shimmer. I call it a secret shimmer, because most likely, the wearer is the only one who will really notice that it exists. 

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

     This is a great color! It's delicate and feminine, but quite robust and rich. No sheerness here.  The shimmer keeps the finish from being flat and gives Naked Ambition a hint of sparkle and interest. And the base shade  itself is really flattering. I always worry about paler colors looking horrible with my complexion, but this is looks really good! And I think it'd work well with other complexions too. 
    My only real beef with Naked Ambition was the horrible application. I did three coats, and you could still see all the brushstrokes. And I actually love the Sally Hansen Brush, so the brush wasn't the issue. After the third coat, I was tired, so I slapped on some Poshe and hit it on down the road to bed. When I woke up this morning, my nails were creamy perfection and the brushstrokes were gone. I don't know how that works, but I don't like it!

And even though this post is technically not included in the Earth Week ones, I'm still going to give my tip so nyah.
Today's tip is: Ease up on the air conditioning! This is a hard one for me to follow because I am totally addicted to my air conditioner. I love the feeling of the cool air against my skin, especially when I sleep. But using it places a huge strain on the power grid and by extension, on the planet. So instead of cranking the AC up to polar, either use it on fan mode, power saver mode, use a regular fan, or just open a window. It's good for the environment and your pockets!