Thursday, April 29, 2010

Borghese Stellare Notte

           Today, I'm wearing Borghese Stellare Notte. I was going to try to wear my polishes from the Rock Star Collection consecutively, but I'm just going to put them aside and swatch them come summer break. Which is soon! But anyway, I was looking through my spreadsheet and I noticed that I only had one more Borghese to try before I was done with that brand. So I slapped it on.


Stellare Notte is a shimmery charcoal black duochrome. The shimmer flashes from pink to teal. This picture shows more of the pink. And it was taken indoors..the ones I took in the sunlight came out plain black. But more on that later.

Sunlight, no flash.

Shaded natural light, no flash. This shows a little bit of the teal.

Natural light, no flash.

Indoors, flash. This shows more of the teal.

This is what made me pick up this foolish polish in the first place. 

    Why do I call this polish foolish? Because it is! 
    Stellare Notte looks great in the bottle, but on the nail, it's not even trying to do much of anything. Granted, my pictures of this aren't very good, nor do they adequately convey what this polish does, but even in real life, it's just not very impressive. And I'm not sure why. I like the base color, and the color change on the shimmer is noticeable. When I lift my hand up at the wrist, I get teal. And when I lay it back down, I get pink. But I don't know....I'm just not very impressed by this. And for eight dollars, that's a shame. Scherer Blue Sky, Brucci Black Emerald, and Savina Black Pearl ($2.99, $2.79, and $2.50, respectively) all blow Stellare Notte out of zee waterz. I'm kind of bummed too, because this is a great day to take pictures...the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. I feel like I wasted it on this polish. smh!
  On the upside, the formula for Stellare Notte was good. It applied smoothly and easily, and dried in good time. These pictures are all three thin coats with one layer of Poshe on top.