Friday, April 9, 2010

NOTD: Milani Ruby Jewels

           Unfortunately for me, my big cat mani started peeling in a corner. It was because the nail itself was peeling. So I ended up taking it off, buffing my nails, and putting on Milani Ruby Jewels from the core collection instead. I didn't really want to wear this. lol!!


Close look at Ruby Jewels. It's a bright red glitter suspended in a deeper, cherry red, jelly base. It's pretty, even if it's not unique. Everyone and their momma has done this type of thing.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.
Artificial light, flash.

    I don't have too much to say about this color...it's red...it's sparkly...it's pretty....the end. Like I said before, it's not particularly special or anything. It's the sort of color that I'd wear to an office, just to get away with wearing glitter at work. All my pictures are color accurate, for their lighting. Indoors, it really does get much deeper and darker, and outdoors, it brightens up considerably.  Funnily enough, I like it best indoors. The darkness makes it more becoming, in my eyes. And the brightness of the glitter comes through much better.
   The formula on this is lovely as well. All these pictures are three coats, with one layer of Poshe. The first coat looked like Barbie nail polish (you know, the cheap watery stuff that came with the Barbie and washed off in plain water) but by the third coat, it really shows itself. 
   And I would tentatively call Ruby Jewels a ChG Ruby Slippers dupe. I don't own Ruby Slippers (I had this first) but I was in a nail polish store while I was wearing this, and I picked up a bottle of Ruby Slippers. My fingers matched the color in the bottle perfectly. Like, there was no difference. So I don't plan on ever buying Ruby Slippers, or at least not until this runs out. 
  This post rounds out the last of my Milani polishes, so depending on the weather, I'll be trying to wear some nice, dark colors, or some duochromes. I've been doing lots of bright, sparkly stuff lately, and it's starting to make me sick.