Sunday, April 4, 2010

NOTD: Milani Hi Res

            Happy Happy Easter to da world!!! Although I love Easter as much as the next person, I opted out of doing some kind of Easter thing. My Konading skills are not good enough just yet, and I didn't bring any pastels home with me. Plus, I am not too fond of them. So, I decided to do a light but cheerful mani with Milani Hi Res, from the 3D Holographic Collection. There are going to be a ton of pictures, because this is a celebration, but also because this color was so much fun to photograph.


Hi-Res is a holographic glitter in a pale lavender base. I've actually never seen a glitter like this...it's like each piece is a tiny little holographic scale. Like on a fish! Because of this, the holo has a peculiar effect of being smooth but broken up at the same time. And when you look in the shade, you see a ton of little flat, silvery bits. It's really beautiful.

   This is in natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, in the shade, no flash. This is how the base color looks when there's no real light to activate the holographicness.

Artificial light, with flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       The formula on this was very nice. It spread easily, and reached full opacity in three coats. These pictures were with four, because I just felt like putting another coat, but honestly, it would have been just fine in three. The polish dried perfectly smooth, if a little matte, and the removal is very easy. I use the Beauty Secret Acetone stuff and it comes right off like a regular polish. 
     
      While I would like it better if the base was a deeper purple (think Zoya Yasmeen-ish), I really like this polish. All the little plates give it a soft, delicate look, which makes it easier to wear than some of the smooth, in your face holos. And I think they also make it more special. I have two more colors from the 3D Holographic Collection, and one from the core collection that I plan on posting in the next few days, and that'll be it for the Milanis for a while.

I guess that's all....I hope everyone has a great Easter!