Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prevail Glitz & Glamour

        Today, I'm wearing a polish that I bought at the beginning of the summer from Duane Reade. It's called Glitz and Glamour and is from Duane Reade's privately owned nail lacquer company, Prevail. But before I get on with the pictures, I just have to call Duane Reade out on their foolishness. Can you guys believe that they charge $6 a pop for those thingies? And for all that money, they don't even have the decency to make the colors unique. They totally stole almost every color in that display from Color Club and/or from some other company. Exhibit A:

Glitz & Glamour is a charcoal grey polish with alot of holographic shimmer. The shimmer is really um..coarse, I guess. Like, you can see the individual bits.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

       Now, I really like Glitz & Glamour. I'm a sucker for grey and holographic, so having both in one is right up my alley. And the application was really good. Formula went on like butter, and was opaque in one coat. I used two though, because nighttime and bald spots, blah blah blah. It also dried super fast, because I was in bed fifteen minutes after putting it on, and there were no sheet marks this morning. 
     But really...you could get this color for like $2.50 from Color Club. I want to actually compare them this weekend, but right now, they look awfully dupish to me. Maybe Glitz & Glamour is a bit darker.But anyway, the uncanny resemblance in itself wouldn't be a problem if this polish was $1-$3. But for six whole dollars, you can't sell knockoff polish. You just can't. It's not right. ;_;

    And in the display, I'm 99.9% sure I saw Electronica, Groove Thang, and some of the neons from the Poptastic Collection. Only they were in Prevail bottles and had different names. So I hope all the other nail polish companies are covering their papers, because there's a cheater in the class. And his name is Prevail. u_u
   That's all I've got for today. Have a great night, everyone!!