Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vampy Week: Confetti Masquerade Ball

            Woww, this has been the wackest vampy week ever, huh? LOL. Foolish life, getting in the way of all my  hopes and dreams. But anyway, for today, I tried to pick a good one to end the week on, and (if I do say so myself) I think I did a pretty good job. Behold, Confetti Masquerade Ball:


Masquerade Ball is a thin black base with a crapload of coppery-red microshimmer. The shimmer is like the colored of freshly dried blood. The overall effect is a glowy, blackened burgundy polish. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

          Masquerade Ball has to be one of the best reds I own. To be fair, I own like pretty much no reds because I tend to hate them, but still...this color is seriously hot. The shade of red itself is super rich, very pretty and flattering. And the overall effect of the polish is gorgeous...there's a ton of depth, and it does that thing where the center of the nail is red and the edges are black. It's not the most unique thing out there...I'm sure you'd be able to find a dupe for it. But but but...Masquerade Ball was only $1.99 so I think you'd be hard pressed to find a cheaper dupe.
         Masquerade Ball's formula was pretty middle of the road. It went on okay, but was a little thin, so I needed three coats to get it to bottle color. Dry time was pretty good though. 
        And as a reminder, this is the last day to enter my wittle giveaway. So if you'd like to enter, please leave your comment by midnight, EST. 
        Have an awesome Saturday, guys!