Monday, September 20, 2010

Vampy Week: OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow

            I love vampy nail polish. It's kind of funny because in real life, I have zero sex appeal. Like, when I was a kid, I imagined that I'd grow up into Jessica Rabbit or Betty Boop, but I ended up more like:


LOL. 
Even so, something about those colors just make me happy. So when the lovely nail fanatics at the hair board that I frequent declared vampy week, I literally squealed in delight, and began planning. I may have to skip Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm going to try to wear as many vampy colors as possible this week. To start, I put on one of my more recent acquisitions, Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow, from OPI's Coleccion de España. 


Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow (HTAT from here on out) is a blackened blue-based green creme with a super secret shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

          Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow was one of those colors that I'd been going back and forth on. Like one of those that you keep on taking out of the basket before checkout. Finally, I caved and bought it, and in some ways, I'm really happy that I did. HTAT's shade of green is absolutely lovely. It's very deep, sexy and mysterious, and I can see it flattering a ton of skin tones. But if you aren't wearing it in the sunlight, most people will think that it is black, which for me is a bit of a drawback. I wear polish for my own benefit, and not for others, but still...it kind of sucks when a color doesn't look like what it is.
      Application-wise, HTAT also turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. The first coat was terribly streaky and difficult to apply. Second coat was better, but it still looked a mess. Third coat got it opaque, but bald spots and uneven-ness remained. The fourth coat finally made everything smooth and perfect, so I congratulated myself on a job well done, slapped on my topcoat, waited an hour and then went to bed. Please, someone tell me why I woke up to bubbles and sheet marks. 
     So even though I'm in love with the color (minus the whole black thing), the horrors of application will probably be enough to keep me from wearing this very often. Que tragico. 
   
    Do you guys like vampies? What are your favorites?