Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nubar Forest + Nfu-Oh 40

           I don't have a new color to show today, because the weather was supposed to be crummy and with my schedule today, I didn't think I'd have enough time to take good pictures. It turns out I was only half right, because the weather was just peachy. It looks like fall is finally coming! But anyway, instead of using an untried, I had some layering fun with  Nfu-Oh 40 and Nubar Forest.


The green here is too dark because of the lighting conditions, but the flakes were the point anyway. I love the colors they show!

Sunlight, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.
Interestingly, I think flakies look better with less light. Does anyone else think do, or am I just weird/blind?

Detail view of the ring finger.
The flower came from a nameless, brandless packet of decals, and the gem in the center came from a Nailene set. Of course, I put it in all lopsided. lol!

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     To make this, I started off with three ultra-smooth coats of Nubar Forest and one layer of topcoat. I put the decal and gem on next, followed with two coats of Nfu-Oh 40, and topped off with a final layer of Poshe and Essie drying drops. I tried to wait before falling asleep, but I did end up with sheet marks. 
  I must admit to a little regret...I wish I had used Greener instead of Forest. But what I have now is okay too. It makes me think a little of a green opal. I think if I used a really deep green under Nfu-Oh 40, it would have been more similar:

I love green opals.

    Additionally, I have to let out a big fat YAY!!! Yay, because The Phalanges Files actually has over 100 followers! That's so exciting to me, because I started this blog as a way to keep track of my rapidly expanding nail stash.  I didn't think anyone would find it, much less read it. LOL. So thank you guys for reading, commenting, and/or following. I appreciate every last one of you, forreal forreal! ^_^
   Have a great night!