Friday, September 3, 2010

Wet n Wild Night Prowl

            Rawr, it's Friday!! I'm so happy...this has been the longest week of my like whole life. And it got a little worse today, because my ceramics teacher caught me in my insubordination. What had happened was we were making teacups (damn teacups) and all of mine had little nail marks. I tried to smooth them out, but she caught me doing it, inspected my nails, and declared them too long. I don't have to get rid of them until next class (Tuesday), but I decided not to prolong my agony. I filed them down to nublets, and I guess that's how they're gonna be for the rest of the semester, amen. I'm a little sad, but on the bright side, they weren't long to begin with, so it wasn't as painful as it could have been. And I can finally grow out some staining and little corner cracks, and my nails will finally have a more consistent shape. Yay for silver linings. 
      After the massacre nail cut, I wanted to pour out a little lacquer for my lost millimeters, but that's a waste of product and moniez.  So I settled for wearing a dark nail polish, and chose Wet n Wild Night Prowl.


Night Prowl is a black jelly base with a ton of small, round magenta glitter. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      I think black glittery polish can be hard. Sometimes, the base completely swallows up the glitter and it becomes a lumpy horrible mess. Or the glitter will kind of show through, but not really, so the look ends up being dull and a little messy. But Night Prowl manages to nicely avoid both pitfalls. I don't know if that's because the glitter is small, or because the base is jelly, or because of a combination of both, or maybe because of neither of those things. What I know is that even indoors and away from direct sunlight, the glitter is very obvious on the nail. And in direct sunlight, it really sparkles. Even the glitter that isn't directly on the surface is visible, which gives the polish a nice bit of depth. Finally, since the base is jelly, Night Prowl has that amusingly squishy look to it. The overall effect ends up being an attractive blend of vampy, sexy, and fun, which makes this more wearable for people like me, who don't know how to pull off that hardcore femme fatale look.
    Application-wise, Night Prowl was okay. The brush was fine and the formula wasn't horrible. It was pretty watery on the first coat, but was fine by the third. It dried glossy and slightly rough, so I put on two layers of topcoat, and that fixed everything. For $0.99, Night Prowl is pretty much a steal, and I'm glad I bought it. 
    That's all I've got for today! I hope everyone is ready for a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!  Do you have any plans? And what are you guys gonna buy? You have to buy sumfthin. ^_^