Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vampy Week: Nubar Unfaithful Red

           Today, I'm wearing Nubar Unfaithful Red, from the Liquid Metals Collection. I'm not sure if it really counts...it ended up brighter than I expected, but whatever. I'm still counting it. lol!


Unfaithful Red is a bold, saturated, and slightly deep crimson red in a metallic finish. There's also an undercurrent of gold shimmer throughout, although the gold is way more evident in the bottle than it is on the nail. 

 
Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      Unfaithful Red is super hot...I'm looking forward to wearing it again when my nails are longer. It has a little bit of that awesome quality where it's bright in the center and darkens at the edges of the nail, and the faintly gold shimmer is a wonderful little detail. I felt so grown up (in a good way) wearing this today...much less like the Zoloft blobby. I'm only a tiny bit sad because I would have preferred something darker. Maybe a little closer to burgundy. 
     The formula was also very agreeable. Unfaithful Red was opaque in one smooth, buttery, trauma-free coat. I used two coats for security and out of habit, but I think I would have been able to get away with just one. It was already glossy, but I put one layer of topcoat anyway. It also dried really fast...thirty minutes after application, it was just barely dentable. So yay for Unfaithful Red! 


Oh yeah, and there are only three days left to enter my giveaway!