Tuesday, September 14, 2010

China Glaze Dorothy Who?

          I was digging through my stash looking for a color to wear when I unearthed China Glaze Dorothy Who? from the Wizard of Ooh Ahz Returns Collection. I've worn this a few times, and even featured it here a long time ago, but I've since gotten rid of that post. The pictures sucked butt. So I decided to wear it again, in hopes that I could get decent pictures this time. But even the best laid plans. 


Dorothy Who? is a cobalt blue jelly base, stuffed to overflowing with silver square glitter. It also looks like there's blue glitter too, but I can't decide if it's actually blue, or if it's silver glitter that's just slightly beneath the surface of the jelly, making it only look blue.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Dorothy Who? was such a disappointment to me. It's a pretty polish....the shade of blue is nice, it's a cute interpretation of Dorothy, and I can't hate when glitter and jelly are involved. But in the reviews I read prior to buying this, people were like....giving birth over how beautiful this polish is. And then I buy it, slap it on the day after it comes, and BAM. It's actually a little bit boring. I think I would have liked it better if it had a deeper base and less glitter. Or what might have been cool was if there were a little bit of red glitter in here, for Dorothy's shoes and hair. 
    And how come Toto didn't get a polish? Toto made the whole movie! It could have been black jelly...with black glitter. Something like Fortune Teller, just all black. I want one of those so bad...I'd rather have it than Dorothy Who?. But I digress. The bottom line is that I felt like Dorothy Who? was pretty, but boring. Much like Ruby Pumps.
    Application-wise, Dorothy Who? was okay. First coat was a little difficult...it was kind of streaky and draggy, but it wasn't anything too horrible. After the first coat, things improved. I ended up with four coats of color and one layer of topcoat, and everything dried fairly quickly. 

I have lots of homework to do (teachers finally got serious) so I'm gonna run along now. Have a great night, guys!