Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nubar Peacock Feathers

           Today, I wore Nubar Peacock Feathers. I don't really know why I decided to put it on...it just seemed like a good time. But of course, as soon as I put on something that kind of depends on good light, a huge storm (complete with grey clouds) rolls up on my little corner of the US. So I'll probably revisit this one when there's more sunlight, because it really deserves a better showing that what I've got at the moment. Okay, on to the (crappay) pitchas. 


Peacock Feathers is a saturated shimmery royal purple duochrome, that flashes green and peacock blue. 

Artificial light, with flash. 
This is why I never use my flash..it looks so crazy. smh. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

      Because there was not one single solitary drop of sunlight today, I can't say that I've seen everything that Peacock Feathers has to offer. But just from what I have seen, I'm in love. Now, I don't really think that the duochrome is THAT wonderful. It's an obvious and pretty effect, and what you get in the bottle, you get on your nail, which I truly appreciate. But I'm more impressed with Peacock Feathers' gorgeous shade of purple, and for me, that's where a little more of the wow-factor comes from. 
     Along with gorgeousness in spades, Peacock Feathers also boasts a nice formula. It went on very smoothly, with no bubbling, dragging, streaking, or other forms of tomfoolery. I know my cuticles are looking crazy as hell, but that was a combination of not putting on the topcoat right and not cleaning up well. It's not the polish's fault. My only complaint though is that I felt that the formula was a tad bit thin. I used four coats of polish, and imho, Peacock Feathers needed every one.

   And with that, I am all done for today...there's homework sitting on my bed, glaring accusations at me, and it will no longer be denied. ;__;  Have an awesome night guys!