Thursday, September 16, 2010

Borghese Plumaggio Purple

           Thanks to certain professors who will remain nameless, this will have to be a quick but hopefully not so dirty post. Today, I've got on one of Borghese's core line colors, Plumaggio Purple. 


Plumaggio Purple is a bit of a misnomer, as the polish is actually a deep blurple. It's a little more purple than the color here (my camera is obsessed with blue), but still...it's blurple. Plumaggio Purple also features that fabulous purple and blue shimmer that I love so much, although in person, the shimmer isn't that visible most of the time. I mean, you can plainly see that there's shimmer, but you can't really distinguish what type.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
The color in the bottle is accurate, which is strange. 

      Plumaggio Purple is really pretty. It's not $8 pretty, but if you have some Extra Care Bucks saved up or one of those $3 off Borghese coupons, I'd recommend picking up this color. The shade of blurple is rich and flattering, and never looks black, even in low light. 
     Application was good. I love the Borghese double brush, and the formula was smooth and very pigmented. In fact, it was a little too pigmented...my cuticles on my left hand look a hot faintly blurple mess. But anyway, the pigmentation was helpful too...this is two coats, and it's perfect. Dry time was also very good...I went to bed about twenty minutes after painting, and I didn't have marks this morning. 

   That's all I have for today! Have a great day, everyone!