Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Icing Ice Queen

      I know that yesterday was the last day of May, but whatever, I'm still gonna post one last (that initially came out "lazy"; ooh freudian slip) grey in the spirit of Brain Tumor Awareness month. Here's Icing Ice Queen. 


Ice Queen is a slightly dark grey creme with strong blue undertones.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Ice Queen is nice. It's kind of dark, which I tend to favor over its lighter brethren. And the strong blue-tone in it helps it be more interesting. 
     However, I had some trouble with the formula...I needed three coats for opacity, which is normal. But the Ice Queen was so liquidy and thin that it was annoying to put it on. And the brush was really hard, so it made those annoying divots in the polish unless I used a ridiculously light hand during application. I don't know if that's normal for Icing bottles, because I only have two from this brand, but that's what I experienced with this polish. There's the option of just pouring it into another bottle, but Ice Queen is just not that cute to be doing alladat. So it will have to be put in the purge pile. 

And as a little reminder, my current giveaway ends on Friday, so if you'd like to get in on that, please get your entries in soon! Thanks for reading, and have a great day! n_n