Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie vs. Sally Hansen Grape Going!

        After the post about Sally Hansen Grape Going!, I received a couple of emails asking about how it compared to Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie. I know there have been other comparisons of these two, but I  was curious to see them side by side myself, so I put together a little comparison of my own.

L-R: RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!
Sunlight, no flash.

L-R: RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!
Sunlight, no flash.

L-R: RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!
Natural light, no flash.

L-R: RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie, SH Grape Going!
Natural light, no flash.

And some closer shots:

L-R: SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie
Sunlight, no flash.

L-R: SH Grape Going!, RBL Scrangie
Natural light, no flash.

   Okay, so these two are not dupes and really are not even that close, so anyone owning both is perfectly justified. Like I said earlier though, I actually like the Sally Hansen better. I think it looks better on me and has a much better duochrome than Scrangie. And of course, Grape Going!'s price is much more palatable. 
    But with that said, I'm still going to keep Scrangie. It's pretty and unique (if overhyped), and I am fond of the iridescent shimmer that Scrangie has. It also has the better formula...both needed three coats before I was satisfied, but Scrangie wasn't as runny as Grape Going! and dried faster, so I can see wearing it again. 


Also, I've installed a widget at the bottom of the page that is like...a search engine for beauty professionals, and was created by betterfly.com.  I generally like to keep this space ad-free, but since it may actually be pretty useful for somebody, I'm letting this one in. 

And with that, I am all done for today! Thanks for reading and have a happy weekend!