Monday, June 6, 2011

Sally Hansen Night Lights

    Today, I have Sally Hansen Night Lights, which was a polish that I hunted a long time for. After buying a dud (it wasn't holo at all) I finally found a nicely priced holographic bottle on ebay, and snapped it up.

Night Lights is a bunch of square silver and holographic glitter in a charcoal grey jelly base. I applied it over two layers of China Glaze Liquid Leather, because I was too lazy to build it up.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.
Blurred for sparkliness.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

      You know, I'm actually pretty disappointed with Night Lights. It looked so spectacular in every picture I saw and in the bottle, but on my nails, I'm just not really feeling the love. It's not as holo as I imagined it would be, and the color of the base kind of limits the layering capabilities of the polish for me. All of this would be forgivable if the holo effect was linear instead of scattered, but it is very scattered. And since I feel there are more versatile and more holographic glitter topcoats out there, Night Lights has to go. 
     As far as application goes, Night Lights was easy. It went on nicely, dried quickly, and only needed one layer of topcoat to be smooth. However, the base is really thin and I find the color of it rather unappealing, so I would never wear this alone. In the pictures, I have on two layers of Night Lights on top of two layers of China Glaze Liquid Leather. 

And that's all from me today Thanks for reading, and have a happy Monday! n_n