Friday, June 10, 2011

Diamond Cosmetics Hot Summer Pink

       I'm still trying to work my way through the Diamond Cosmetics order I made in February (I get so sidetracked ;_;), so for today, I have Hot Summer Pink from their Summer 2009 collection.


Hot Summer Pink is a hot pink base with a soft blue shift and some iridescent shimmer.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       Hot Summer Pink is such a wonderful color for warm weather. It's super bright, bordering on neon, and I love how the iridescent shimmer dances in sunlight. I forgot to take the picture, but in lower light, you can really see the blue flash. While a bright pink with a blue flash is not the most unique concept out there, what really sets Hot Summer Pink apart from the others is the slightly fuzzy suede-ish look that it has to it. 
      However, I had my issues with Hot Pink Summer's formula. I felt like it went on easily enough, but it didn't level correctly and looked a bit streaky to me. I finally got it even in four coats, which is what I'm wearing in the pictures. It also really required topcoat to look nice. However, I'm still going to keep Hot Summer Pink because it's a beautiful bright color and I love how it looks on me. Yeahhh conceited moment.

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a fantastic Friday!