Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Essie Lollipop

        I noticed that it's been a while since I've shown a red around here, so today, I've got Essie Lollipop, which I believe is a core collection polish. 
       
Lollipop is a cheery cherry red jelly. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     I only bought Lollipop because I couldn't find Jelly Apple in the store, but I still like it. It's a bright, true, and sweet shade of red, and since it reminds me of a Jolly Rancher, I suppose it's very accurately named too. The only thing about it is that I feel like it's kind of boring-pretty, you know? Like it looks good, but it's not gonna entertain me for the day, even with the jelly finish. For that reason, I'll probably use it for my toes and continue looking for Jelly Apple for my fingers. 
     One nice thing about Lollipop though is that it has a perfect formula. I used three butter-like coats for a relatively opaque finish, and dry time wasn't too terrible. I did have to apply it over a milky base coat though, because my nails are horrifically stained in some spots (despite my efforts to remove them) and it showed up right through the red, even after multiple layers. So if you also have bad staining, that's something to consider. 

On another note, I was finally able to finish counting the entries for the Lady of the Lake giveaway this morning. The random number generator selected Kris of My Lucid Bubble fame as the winner, so a big congratulations goes to her, and much thanks goes to everyone who participated. n_n

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a great day! ^_^