Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BB Couture Catalina Cutie

       For today, I have BB Couture Catalina Cutie from the California Beaches Collection. 


Catalina Cutie is a peachy-coral jelly base, packed with gold microshimmer, as well as tiny gold and green opalescent glitter.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

        As a color, I think Catalina Cutie is okay. The base shade won't flatter everyone, but I do think it's cute and quite appropriate for a summer day. Of course though, my favorite part of the polish would definitely have to be the microshimmer and BB Couture's signature glitter. In sunlight, they both come to life and give the polish this warmer, more orange-y look. They aren't as visible in lower light though, which is unfortunate.
      Catalina Cutie's formula was not so good. It was overly sheer and had a weird, kind of gluey texture. It also went on pretty streaky and didn't level so nicely. After trying it a few times, I ended up with three coats of color over one layer of Essie Limo-Scene, and that turned out fairly well, although some jelliness was lost in the process. Anyway, I think I'm actually gonna put this one in the purge pile. It's nice, but I'm not...that into it, I guess.

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a great day!! n_n