Friday, May 20, 2011

Studio M Slammin' Red

       For today, I have Studio M Slammin' Red.

Studio M is a very dark pink (it's not reallyyy red) base, densely packed with multi-sized silver and holographic glitter. 

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


And slight blurring for the sake of sparkliness.


Sunlight, no flash.


      I was kind of disappointed with Slammin' Red because I really wanted it to be legit red. But once I got past that, I really enjoyed it. The base color is pretty and feminine and the glitter sparkled so beautifully in the sun. The sparkle and holo effect were not as pronounced on the nail as they were in the bottle though...I think the base ate them up a bit. But that's okay. I still like it and will be keeping it. 
     My only real issue with Slammin' Red is the formula. It was so terrible...gloopy, thick, and hard to work with. It also dried uber gritty and needed like three layers of Poshe to finally become smooth. On the upside though, it was perfectly opaque in just two coats, dried quickly, and was totally worth all the trouble.

And that's all for today! Thanks for reading and enjoy your Friday!