Sunday, May 8, 2011

Confetti Smitten

           Happy Mother's Day!! The color I chose for today is not very Mother's Day-esque, but I do love my mommy dearly, so I felt the name was appropriate. Here's Smitten, from what I assume would have been Confetti's core lineup, if the brand hadn't been cut down in its infancy. *plays taps*

Confetti is a midnight blue polish with purple and blue flecks of shimmer. 


This one shows more of the colors.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

   Smitten is okay. It's not the most exciting polish ever, but it is a good-looking one. It also has the rather unusual distinction of looking better on the nail than it does in the bottle (as it should always be). I really like how the flecks of shimmer sparkle from the base in sunlight, and in regular light, it doesn't go completely flat. Plus, I think it's unique in my collection, so Smitten can stay.
   Formula-wise, Smitten was what I think is typical of Confettis: thin but controllable and quick-drying. I needed three layers for opacity, and another layer of topcoat to get some gloss out of it. I've also heard complaints about wonky brushes, but the one in this bottle was fine and did the job.

Thanks for reading, and I wish all the mothers a most magnificent day! ^_^