Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OPI Mystic Moonshine

     We are having some crummy weather today (and for the rest of the week) in New York, so the next few posts will be coming from the backlog. Damn Mother Nature, always trying to ruin my life. But anyway, here's Mystic Moonshine, from OPI's New England Collection.


Mystic Moonshine is a silver base, studded with small, square silver glitter. 

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

    I don't like Mystic Moonshine. The silver base is quite pretty and clean, but the glitter just looks lumpy and messy to me. That was weird too, because the glitter didn't feel lumpy. It just looked lumpy. I also felt like it didn't sparkle properly, and in this type of color, the sparkle is necessary. I kind of want to keep it, just because it's elderly, but moving my polish back home this past weekend has taught me that mercy and sentiment is for the weak and the masochistic. So regrettably, Mystic Moonshine will have to be re-homed.
    But moving on to the formula, Mystic Moonshine was okay...not terrible, but not great. It was opaque in three coats, and dry time was quite good, but it was prone to bubbling and dragging. 

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!