Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Studio M Purple Medallion

          For today, I've got Studio M Purple Medallion. 


Purple Medallion is a bold and saturated red-based purple jelly base, packed with medium-sized silver and holographic hex glitter. The color in these pictures is not perfectly accurate...in real life, the purple is redder and brighter. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Blurred for sparklies. 

Sunlight, no flash.

    Purple Medallion is a really fun and cute color. It's nice and bright, and the sparkles are lots of fun, because as long as there's even a hint of light, you can get some holo goodness out of them.
   I also found Purple Medallion's formula satisfactory. To be so full of chunky glitter, it went on pretty smoothly, and didn't gunk up at the neck of the bottle. I was also surprised at how smoothly it dried. I used three coats of color and one layer of Poshe for the pictures, and it felt and looked good to me. 
    But with all that said, I don't think I'm going to be keeping this polish. It should be right up my alley, being purple and super sparkly, but I just don't feel like I really need it, you know?