Monday, May 9, 2011

OPI Wing It!

      For today, I've got Wing It! (ahh I hate unnecessary punctuation) from OPI's Summer Flutter Collection. 

Wing It! is a sheer reddish-pinky-coralish base packed with flat, color-shifting pink and blue shimmer pieces.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

    I found Wing It! to be really funny. The base color just kind of hangs out in this really ambiguous area, and the shimmer is the same. It's kind of iridescent, kind of blue, kind of pink, kind of violet, kind of duochrome, kind of metallic...but it doesn't fit firmly into any of those groups. Wing It! is like...the epitome of a noncommittal polish and even though I don't like noncommittal things (and people), I think I'm going to keep it. 
   I still have to think about it though, because I didn't like Wing It!'s formula at all. It went on smoothly enough, but was rather thin and hard to control. It also took five coats to eliminate all VNL in person, which is of course no bueno. So I guess we'll have to see on this one.
    
 But that's all for today! Thanks for reading!