Friday, May 27, 2011

A-England Merlin

A few weeks ago, I was having a crummy time and decided to make myself feel better by spending all the money I had doing some shopping.  When the debris settled and the smoke cleared, I found myself with some new children, courtesy of A-England. The one that I'm going to show you today is called Merlin and is part of the Mythicals Collection. 


Merlin is a bunch of tiny, titanium silver rectangular and square glitter in a clear base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

     Merlin is so pretty. The concept (a dense silver glitter in a clear base) is not the most unique, but the shade of silver as well as the shapes and sizes of glitter used really help set it apart. They also give Merlin a really intriguing effect, where it's kind of delicate but quite solid at the same time. One thing to take note of about Merlin though is that the glitter doesn't quiteee sparkle. It does a bit, but mostly the glitter is reflective. I would prefer if it sparkled for real, but what's there is enough to satisfy me.
    Formula-wise, Merlin was fine. The three coats that you see in the pictures went on smoothly and dried pretty quick, although not as quick as most glitters that I have. On the upside, Merlin only needed one layer of topcoat to be smooth, so yay!

And with that, I am all done for today! Have a happy happy Friday and thanks for reading! n_n