Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Zoya Kimmy

   Today, I have my final (whoop!) polish from the Sunshine Collection. Meet Kimmy!


Kimmy is a bright and bold cherry red base with red and gold shimmer particles in it.
The shimmer comes together to form a sparkly foil finish, a la the Sparkle Collection.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, with flash.
Yes, this is a terrible, unevenly lit, blurry as hell picture, but I like that it shows how bright Kimmy is and how it sparkles. So I'm putting it in. Say something. *puts on G face*

Sunlight, no flash.

      Kimmy is so beautiful. It features such a bold and pure shade of red that it fairly glows, and I'm in love with the sparkling metallic finish. I'm already planning a Fourth of July look around this polish...it's perfect for that occasion. All spangly and majorette-like. However, I think that Kimmy is not that unique. When I put it on, I had a niggling feeling that it reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it until like just now. It reminds me of Hard Candy Lava. Kimmy maybe features its gold shimmer a little bit more prominently and Lava may be a bit oranger, but I'm like...99% sure that they're at least kissing cousins. So expect a comparison for that in the near future. 
    I think because it has a different finish from them, Kimmy was much better than its Sunshine sisters, in terms of pigmentation. I only needed two coats for opacity, but went with three for fun. It also went on smoothly and dried fast. 

And that is the last of my summer Zoyas! Personally, I think that they did a good job overall, although the Summertime portion seemed rather uninspired. And instead of making Faye that plummy purple, they should have made her a really vibrant lapis lazuli or turquoise blue. ALSO, they should have given all the mattes the same shimmer that they gave Phoebe. But besides that stuff, not bad Zoya. 
Thanks for reading, and have a great day! :D