Monday, November 22, 2010

Hard Candy Lava

           For the past few days, I've been craving red. I hate red, but man...I just wanted to wear it! I tried a few days ago with Zoya Sarah, but that ended with bubbly nails and me in a rage, so I forgot about wearing red. But last night, the desire returned with a vengeance. To appease it, I put on Hard Candy Lava, from what I think is the core collection. 


Please excuse the little white fuzz. Totally didn't see that until editing time.
But anyway, Lava is composed of tons of small, flat, metallic, ruby pieces of shimmer in a sheer ruby red base. The overall effect is that glittery-foil finish that has been so popular lately. In the bottle and in this picture, there are also golden flecks, but looking at my nail, I don't see that at all. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.
My hand looks so ashy here, ew.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      Lava is a really beautiful red polish. And when I say beautiful, I mean back-up worthy beautiful. It has this crazy intensity to it, and in the sun, it looks like its actually on fire. But I like it best in natural and low light, because that's when it takes on this awesome inner luminescence that just kind of comes from nowhere. It's like it's creating its own light. I can't really put it into words, and the picture of it in natural light is not so good, but trust me...it's gorgeous. You can definitely see why they named it as they did.
    I really liked Lava's formula as well. It was smooth, easy to apply, and was fully opaque in two coats. For the pictures, I used two coats of polish and one layer of topcoat, and looking at my nails now, there's no VNL. However, if I orient my hands in a certain way, I can see through my tips... my index finger in the last picture is a good example of that. But that doesn't happen often, so it's whatever to me.
    My only real gripe about this polish is that the bottles are too small...you pay $5 for .34 oz. I don't understand that at all...for $5, the bottles should be bigger. Or the price should be lowered, if the bottles are gonna be so small. This is highway robbery for reals. :(

But that's all I've got for today. Have an awesome night, guys!!