Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune

Today's blue is Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune, from their recently released Spring Collection. 

Teal of Fortune is a blue-green jelly base, packed with small and flat blue, green, and gold shimmer particles. 
It's like if Zoya Charla and Sinful Colors Nail Junkie had a baby. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

      Teal of Fortune is awesome, and these pictures do not do it justice. The little flakes of shimmer suspended in the jelly base make it look like some sort of jelly fish (not jellyfish), and I love the little flecks of gold that come peeking through. And it sparkles like the surface of a swimming pool in the sun. I'm such  a happy camper with this polish, it's so pretty. 
      I found Teal of Fortune's formula to be a little bit thick, perhaps because of the composition, but it was still fairly smooth going on. I needed three coats for full opacity, and dry time was not very bad but it sure wasn't quick. Why do they put that lie on the bottle? Also, please double up on basecoat with this one...the staining was horrific. ;_;

And unrelated to this polish, you may have noticed that there is a new button in the sidebar. I generally reject requests to put ads up on The Phalanges Files, because I feel like nobody wants to be looking at ads all the time. But the Fresh Air Fund is an organization that I feel does really good work, and I know lots of people who could have used something like that growing up. So when someone from there contacted me, I couldn't say no. If you get a chance and are interested in helping them out with their stuff (they need donations and host families) please click the button to check their website out. And no, I'm not making moniez off this. n_n

And that's all for today! Thanks for reading!