Monday, April 11, 2011

Color Club Masquerading

        So as many of you know, April is Autism Awareness month. Autism strongly affects my own family, so it is an issue that is very near to my heart. And since it is also Autism Awareness week on the nail part of the hair board that I frequent, I wanted to do the same thing here. That means the next week, The Phalanges Files will only be showing blue polishes. Except for one time. 
But anyway, to kick it off, I went with Color Club Masquerading, from their Alter Ego Collection.


Masquerading is a silvery cadet-blue in a frosty-chrome finish.

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

      Masquerading is okay. It's not the best thing that Color Club has come up with, but I like the muted and silvery shade of blue, and I'm particularly fond of the finish. It makes me think of blue steel. Not this kind:

But like...actual steel that's blue. 
And as a bonus, it's not uber-brushtrokey, like I would expect the lovechild of a chrome and frost polish to be. 
    Application-wise, Masquerading was pretty easy. I used slightly generous coats (two made it perfect), used as few strokes as possible, and let it dry for a few minutes between coats, and all was well. However, I do recommend a good ridge-filling coat beneath this, because Masquerading is the type where if your nails are ridgey or otherwise imperfect, it'll show right up. Ask me how I know. -___-

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!