Monday, April 4, 2011

Zoya Faye

Are you guys sick of Zoya yet? I'm a little sick of them. But I just have a few more to go from the Sunshine Collection, and then we can go look at other stuff. I thought it'd be nice to start this collection off on a high note, so here's Faye.


Faye is a ton of gold and purple flat shimmer particles in a sheer plummy base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
I tried to blur this one a little bit, to show the sparkles.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Faye is so gorgeous! I actually think of it as Danni's grandma. In lower light, the golden shimmer kind of takes over parts of the nail so you get a bit of a purple-golden-copper duochrome-type thing going. I tried to show some of that in the second to last picture. And in sunlight, the shimmer glitters so beautifully. I love how it dances across the nail and contrasts with the base color. My only thing with Faye is that I don't really see it as belonging in this collection. All the other shades are really bright and sunny, but this one is kind of not. It actually reminds me most strongly of changing leaves, so maybe it would be better suited for a fall release. But it's still awesome and unique.
   Faye's formula didn't really give me issues. It was a bit sheer, so four coats was necessary to eliminate all VNL. And it doesn't seem to want to cure...I've been wearing it for about...14 hours now, and some of my nails are still dentable. But it went on okay...nice and smooth. 

And that's all! Thanks for reading! ^_^