Friday, April 8, 2011

Diamond Cosmetics Cherry Tobacco

            As part of my birthday bender present to myself, I placed an order from Diamond Cosmetics. I'd been wanting to try their stuff for a long time and the prices were going up, so it seemed like a good time. One of the polishes I got was Cherry Tobacco. 


Cherry Tobacco is a rich, blackened red creme base with tons of burgundy and amber shimmer in it.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Cherry Tobacco is vampy, shimmery, sexified goodness. It has that gorgeous effect where it's black on the edges and bright in the middle, and I love how it's hard to really tell what color it is. Sometimes, it looks burgundy and other times, it's more of a deep chocolate shade. It reminds me of dark cherry wood, actually. Ahh I couldn't look away from my nails when I had this on...it's just so freaking hot. 
   Cherry Tobacco also boasts an amazing formula. I was doing my nails kind of close to bedtime, and this polish was actually opaque in one generous coat. I went with two and a layer of topcoat, but both were unnecessary, since Cherry Tobacco also dried with it's own little sheen. The polish also went on uber-smooth and was very controllable. My only complaint was that the brush was a little bit stiff, but I guess I'd rather it be too stiff than too loosey-goosey. 

But that's all I've got for today! I hope everyone has a beautiful Friday, and thanks for reading!